maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I've only had a single force close this morning (right before I posted that) after the issues last night, and now it seems to have largely fixed itself. Crazy self-healing mobile devices...

Magic! Actually, 1.47 fixed a few things as well if you want to get that.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello Maildroidev... I downloaded the latest version in the Market but I did not notice Reply and Forward flags to be syncing with my IMAP account.

M

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello Maildroidev... I downloaded the latest version in the Market but I did not notice Reply and Forward flags to be syncing with my IMAP account.

M

I did not add reply/fwd flags yet. Also, when I do, I was not planning on it syncing with the server. There are too many different configurations for that.

androinerd

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I really like this app so far! I would like to ask for a all account mail widget and user defined mailbox colors. :) Again awesome app!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

dockramer

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Enlighten me please

I like this app and appreciate the hard work of the developer. Here's my naive question - How can I avoid the lag when I click a message and have to wait for it to download?

I have the account set up as IMAP but my primary goal is to have messages available for reading. Should I set it up as POP? If I do, can I have a local copy that is always available?

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

androinerd

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Bug Report

Hello Maildroiddev,

I have an issue that I would like to bring to your attention.

When using the Combined Accounts Inbox, I am finding that when the user deletes or marks all items as read, the individual boxes in the overview will not clear out the unread Astrix.

Thanks for listening,
Meeks (Androinerd)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I like this app and appreciate the hard work of the developer. Here's my naive question - How can I avoid the lag when I click a message and have to wait for it to download?

I have the account set up as IMAP but my primary goal is to have messages available for reading. Should I set it up as POP? If I do, can I have a local copy that is always available?

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

I only download headers now and download body when clicked on..so a lag exists. The next version will change this and give an option to download the body.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello Maildroiddev,

I have an issue that I would like to bring to your attention.

When using the Combined Accounts Inbox, I am finding that when the user deletes or marks all items as read, the individual boxes in the overview will not clear out the unread Astrix.

Thanks for listening,
Meeks (Androinerd)

Yup, I know about this one.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've done the Froyo upgrade and loving many aspects of it.

During my "downtime" I saw that we jumped from 1.43 to 1.47. Yeehaw!

However, I thought that at 1.45 we were supposed to see the ability to download messages (POP3) and they would stay on the phone until deleted? I have 1.47 and when my laptop downloads the message off the POP3 server, it removes it from my MailDroid Inbox under that account. When might this be resolved?

BTW, I love MailDroid and REALLY appreciate all the work you are putting into it! Keep up the great work!

Scott

PS. How about at least putting a donation "link" in the Settings so we can drop you a couple bucks until you get an ad free version ready? Thanks!

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
- Suggest moving the about button from the account list to the menu. In landscape mode the row the button is on is the same height as the ad row and significantly reduces the number of accounts listed.

- I generally cannot scroll the account list in landscape mode on my Droid. Seriously I think I've only been able to scroll once or twice and I've tried across the whole width of the screen. The fact that the about button row (see above) and the ad row removes so much of the vertical space probably makes it worse.

- I've had several instances now where the new mail notification doesn't automatically go away. I have to use the notification clear button.

nikhilpai

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I am using K9 Mail currently & hate that the option to download mails upto a certain amount of kb does not work for POP3. I do not want to download the entire attachment.

Does MailDroid have an option to download upto xx kb that actually works? Or download only headers?

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Can someone walk me through setting up my outlook express email address on maildroid? It's asking for ports and etc. Is this something I need to get from man administrator?

antsm

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
nikhilpai said:
Does MailDroid have an option to download upto xx kb that actually works? Or download only headers?
raven71 said:
Yes it works but I never used it very long I load the whole e-mail.
Hmm, it seems to be available in future releases.
I asked maildroiddev earlier and answer was
maildroiddev said:
Yup, was supposed to be in release tonight, but I commented the code out as I wanted to test it some more.
So, let's wait for next version ;)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've done the Froyo upgrade and loving many aspects of it.

During my "downtime" I saw that we jumped from 1.43 to 1.47. Yeehaw!

However, I thought that at 1.45 we were supposed to see the ability to download messages (POP3) and they would stay on the phone until deleted? I have 1.47 and when my laptop downloads the message off the POP3 server, it removes it from my MailDroid Inbox under that account. When might this be resolved?

BTW, I love MailDroid and REALLY appreciate all the work you are putting into it! Keep up the great work!

Scott

PS. How about at least putting a donation "link" in the Settings so we can drop you a couple bucks until you get an ad free version ready? Thanks!

I had that on my plan for 1.47, but scratched it due to lack of complete testing time. Usually, I come up with a set of features for a release and then work from most complex to easiest. Sometimes, things have to get added in the middle that I did not think about and often things get scratched. This is still on my list to get done.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
- Suggest moving the about button from the account list to the menu. In landscape mode the row the button is on is the same height as the ad row and significantly reduces the number of accounts listed.

- I generally cannot scroll the account list in landscape mode on my Droid. Seriously I think I've only been able to scroll once or twice and I've tried across the whole width of the screen. The fact that the about button row (see above) and the ad row removes so much of the vertical space probably makes it worse.

- I've had several instances now where the new mail notification doesn't automatically go away. I have to use the notification clear button.

1. Yes, next release I am going to move it
2. Yes, I am missing a scroll bar on the accounts screen. I know about this
3. This is the only one I can't figure out yet. I do know some people also have this, but a majority do not.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using K9 Mail currently & hate that the option to download mails upto a certain amount of kb does not work for POP3. I do not want to download the entire attachment.

Right now, only the headers. The download of xx kb is actually quite complex (I have tried coding this already), but I do hope to get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress