Netflix app

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I hope they hired some talent. The ipad app sucks pretty hard. I've liked the iphone app though. It looks like they could port it fairly easy too given its html5 roots.

That said, I can hardly wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Is it true that the Netflix app for iPhone costs an extra $8.99/month on top of your regular Netflix subscription? I'm guessing this is to stream movies on the phone? That's pretty crazy. I didn't think thats what the app was meant for.

I thought the point of the Netflix app was to be able to manage your account, queue, browse and add movies to the queue. That's all I'd be happy with. Cause I can just imagine how quick a whole movie would drain your battery and eat up data.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
"Jamie Odell, director of product management, here. We hinted at a free Netflix App for the iPhone and iPod touch in April, announced it in June and I’m happy to share that it is available now! If you want to instantly watch TV episodes and movies on your iPhone or iPod touch, all you need to do is get the free Netflix App from the App Store at iTunes Store and have a Netflix membership starting at $8.99 a month. "

Meaning you just need to have a general netflix subscription starting at $8.99 a month.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My friend has an iphone 4 and i have NO CLUE how it streamed flawless HD like quality over 3g data. He wasn't connected to WIFI because we were in the car! someone please explain this!

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that the Netflix app for iPhone costs an extra $8.99/month on top of your regular Netflix subscription? I'm guessing this is to stream movies on the phone? That's pretty crazy. I didn't think thats what the app was meant for.

I thought the point of the Netflix app was to be able to manage your account, queue, browse and add movies to the queue. That's all I'd be happy with. Cause I can just imagine how quick a whole movie would drain your battery and eat up data.

It doesn't cost any extra, I have it installed on my ipod touch.$8.99 is just the base price for a netflix subscription. For $8.99 you get one disc at a time through the mail but get unlimited streaming. I have the 2 disc at a time plan and stream movies through my nintendo wii, it works really well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Oh ok, Yeah I have the $8.99 subscription. I was mislead, cause someone told me it was an additional $8.99. Sorry that's where the confusion was. Thanks.

dcross9818

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I could possibly see a use for a widget is a scrollable list of your instant queue, a single click to launch the movie.

I can't wait for this, I think this will help me justify a subscription.

---dcross9818

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa