Video Calls on Epic and Evo?

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So I just picked up an Epic for my wife the other day and one thing I've been curious about is the video calling. I know on the Evo and Epic there is Qik, havnt tested it out yet, but I was curious if there were any alternatives to it. I was following news on Fring for a long time and was eager to use that, but I sounds like skype has taken away the video call function in Fring? Anyways what Im looking for is an app where I can video call from pc to phone and from phone to phone. Is there anything like this out there?

df2656

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Skype removed the ability to connect via Skype within Fring. I have used Fring for video calling between my EVO and a home pc via google talk. I have also used Fring to video call a friend's iPhone 4 with zero issues. My friends with iPhones prefer Fring because you are not limited to wifi.

sj808

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Skype removed the ability to connect via Skype within Fring. I have used Fring for video calling between my EVO and a home pc via google talk. I have also used Fring to video call a friend's iPhone 4 with zero issues. My friends with iPhones prefer Fring because you are not limited to wifi.

I heard 2 people say they've done video calling on between a Evo and PC via google talk. How do you do this? everytime I try to video chat with someone on google talk via Fring it says "Google Talk doesn't support video chatting".

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I heard 2 people say they've done video calling on between a Evo and PC via google talk. How do you do this? everytime I try to video chat with someone on google talk via Fring it says "Google Talk doesn't support video chatting".

I tried making a video call to one of my google talk contacts last night and received the same message. I would love to hear how to get this to actually work. I'm using an Epic btw. :confused: