"Music" Player

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming "Music" is the Google music player. I have it loading and playing now and it seems fine in playing the 1000 mp3's I just filled my 64 gig MicroSD with. However even though it tells me I can control the app via voice and I have that option checked in the setup, I can't figure out how to do so. I am running 4.3 android. When I hit the Google search microphone and say something like "Play Brickhouse" I am taken to the internet. Is the Google search not the vehicle to access voice commands for "Music"?

OK, duh...... What a learning curve with this phone! Anyway I just discovered that you have to use the double tap on the home button to bring up the correct voice command engine.

Wish the music player could be added to the lock screen like the remote can. Guess they don't want your phone to become a stolen MP3 player........

Guess I should play before I type...... I removed the TV remote from the lock screen and now the "Music" widget shows up. Google must have heard my request.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of phone do you have? Phones can have their own preinstalled music app apart from Google Play Music. The official Google Play Music app icon is a pair of headphones that looks like this:

Google-Play-Music-icon.png

It usually is called "Play Music," not just "Music."

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T Galaxy S4. I don't seem to have "Play Music" (guess I could install it). Mine is just "Music" with a play button and a musical note as an icon. I also have the Samsung music player which I don't like as much.

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually I do have it (found it). But so far I am happy with music (just did my 2 hour morning walk with tunes).