Gallery player option send to TV

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
My Android phone's built in Gallery app has a menu item "player" that allows me to select as the player my Sony TV and show pictures on it.
But the Gallery on my Hudl hasn't got that option.
It just isn't there. There is no menu item for "player" at all.
But the Gallery looks the same otherwise.
Is there a way to get it? I don't understand why it isn't there.
I store pictures on the Hudl far more than on the phone, so I want to be able to make them appear on my TV like I can with the phone.
Please help me.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Not all Android devices can stream wirelessly to Tv's, in fact not many do. The tv would have to be a 'smart' tv & connected to the same wireless network as the device. To enable this facility some people use Chromecast (a dongle device plugged into the tv) There are still not that many apps that are supported by this, but the list is growing.
Alternatively, most people use an adapter cable, usb to hdmi into tv. Almost all devices use a unique cable made for them or groups of similar devices. These can usually be found on Amazon or e bay.
I'm not sure whether Tesco would have made this facility available on their Hudl, or even if accessory manufacturers would have made a suitable cable for it.
I doubt this because (and I am in no way being unkind), but it's not a major brand, or high spec device & wouldn't be worth the investment for only a small number of people that would want it.
If you want stuff on your tv, buy a Samsung device, or the Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I can access my TV from the Hudl tablet as a remote controller, using SONY's sideview app.
But the version of Gallery on the Hudl seems not to have any option for other players in the way that our various smartphones do.
The Hudl has Android 4.2.2

Is this a supplier or an OS issue?

BTW a standard HDMI cable (micro to ordinary) does work beautifully to mirror the Hudl on the TV. But that's not the same as sending a gallery picture to display on the TV.