Everyone update their Dolphin Browser?

BerrySquasher

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Pinch n Zoom fixed, plus other updates - this phone is tremendous in the way it can change and improve - plus 2.1 is coming on 12/10.

Coming from the I-Phone for VZW great network and a comparable phone - I missed the Pinch an Zoom - now I feel at home , except no dropped calls - super 3G and a faster scrolling browser.

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Just downloaded this app for the first time. What a vast improvement over the standard browser. The pinch zoom really makes a huge difference and I think pages load faster over the standard browser. Now, is there any way to transfer web favorites from the standard browser to Dolphin without individually loading each page into Dolphin then hitting save?

Never mind, just found it. Import feature is on the menu key when Dolphin browser is open to favorites page. This browser makes the phone!

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
hmm, i'll try it out again.

i hope they improved the UI, it was pretty fuzzy, like it hadn't been optimized for the droid's res.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It is making huge leaps. I remember how it was when I first got the Droid. It should get even better with time.

Yeah, I tried it then too. I agree that it does have potential Even after the update it was doing some pretty wacky stuff on me.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm liking the update, gonna set it as default again for now.

i like the swiping to switch tabs gesture, still think the UI can use a little work in the crispness department, but it's a lot nicer than before. so glad they put text labels with the icons in the menu

clackout

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded it and did not like it that much and it did not seem a ton faster really. maybe just me. I will give it a few days.

R

Roy Aguilera

i'm liking the update, gonna set it as default again for now.

i like the swiping to switch tabs gesture, still think the UI can use a little work in the crispness department, but it's a lot nicer than before. so glad they put text labels with the icons in the menu

Same here.

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The only negative thing I've noticed about this browser is that the Google home page will not find my location, but it will with the standard browser.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The only negative thing I've noticed about this browser is that the Google home page will not find my location, but it will with the standard browser.

Same here. I made sure the settings allowed it to, but no luck on my Droid when I bring it up normally. However, if I tap the search button on the bottom of the Droid it will open my searches based on my location.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I just downloaded it and did not like it that much and it did not seem a ton faster really. maybe just me. I will give it a few days.

It's not just you, trust me. I feel the same way. Still not ready to be a default browser. (My opinion) ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38