New Map Update

KGP

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So.... the new Google Map update is here and is finally able to download ( after not being able to earlier) and we come to find out that you still can not delete Layer History and Directions... even Google knows this is a problem as they have admitted to it on their boards ! Although Google says to uninstall and reinstall and that will get rid of the History/Directions.

--KGP

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Since this thread is not device specific I'm moving it over to the Applications forum so non-Fascinate users can find it as well.

KGP

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have History Eraser, unfortunately it erases most everything but the Directions and History in Layers..at least on Samsung Fascinate...Pretty much like I said, Google knows about this, has commented on it but really hasn't done anythign about it.

KGP

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Also, on Fascinate, you can't clear Data or Cache in the Applications Manager for Google Maps, it is grayed out.

IceBone

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found out how to set the Places app to kilometres? It's stuck on miles and I find that highly annoying. :mad:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found out how to set the Places app to kilometres? It's stuck on miles and I find that highly annoying. :mad:

That seems to be a known bug or oversight as many have asked the same question and it seems to be random as to who has miles and who has kilometers showing.

One person thought it depended on if your location was set correct but others soon posted theirs was and still a random type thing , some had miles wanted kilometers , some had kilometers wanted miles.

I guess we will see a update from google to fix this before long,

a scary thought tho (it is Halloween you know) . I hope motorola tech.'s aren't working for google on the side on this app , LoL :p ,,,,, Im joking ,,kinda ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa