Swype (*Official)

stefanl

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
***It seems a lot of people are interested in Swype for Android, and that is cool. What is not cool is certain people posting links for the software that is not official and asking for donations on stolen software here on the forums. That is a form of warez. Any linking to or asking for the application will result in immediate banning of your account.

Feel free to discuss Swype.***

Jeremy

If you havent checked out the forum on Swype, you really should.

I heard about this a couple of months ago and watched some videos but I wasn't that impressed and i thought it looked too gimickey. But i just downloaded it on the Droid and lemme tell you...its really amazing.

I can type (swype) so much faster then the Android keyboard. I'm not yet sure if i could use it as my default but because it feels so unnatural to swype instead of peck at the keyboard. It's amazing how well the program can guess what your typing even if you barely make an effort at the word.

Very impressed

Last edited by a moderator:

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
It's not in the market...it was posted here in the forum earlier, but it appears that the thread has been removed.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Someone who has Swype. Can you tell me what happens when you turn the phone to lanscape? Does swype have a landscape version? Or does it go back to the default landscape keyboard?

I wouldn't mind having swype for the vertical keyboard, but I think it would be very odd to use on the landscape screen where you typically use two hands to type.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes swype does have a landscape version. Once you start using swype, I don't think you will want to use the regular keyboard even when you have two hands.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I do think that we might need to strike up an email campaign. It doesn't appear that the company wants to sell it to individual consumers, but rather to phone developers. And in light of what we have seen with HTC, it might become phone specific.

Bako

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The version that was posted on the forums the other day was Moto Droid specific. It specifically said it only worked on a "stock Motorola Droid." It works quite well on mine, and included a lengthy tutorial, so I suspect it will certainly be released and sold for handsets that didn't come with it originally. Certainly at least the Droid is very likely to get it, or why would they have developed that version?