Google Messenger

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there to all

I dont know if this is phone specific or not, but does anyone else have an issue with images received through Google Messenger are not full resolution? Mine seem to be greatly compressed and reduced in size. Can anyone else comment or speculate why this may be happening? I used to use hangouts as my SMS/MMS app before the messenger was released.

Thanks for the help

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I used Hangouts prior to Google Messenger as well and haven't noticed any difference in MMS photo quality. Are they a lower quality even after you save them to your phone. I know since I started using Google Photos my photos occasionally need to "buffer" or something before I can see them full res.

Posted via the Android Central App

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe I've yet to ask this but, can you show an example? MMS compresses files to something like 500-700 KB or something if I'm not mistaken, that's pretty standard. Maybe the person sending you the files has a horrible camera on their phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ill post a shot tomorrow of an example. My dad sent me an image from his S4, which I personally think many would say the camera is not bad on that device haha.

Update, I just checked the resolution of one of the images that I have saved from messenger, and its 270x480...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty