Our latest Firefox 4 beta for mobile is now available in the Android market:

New Improved and Easier to Use Firefox 4 Beta for Android and Maemo :: The Mozilla Blog

Some of the new features include an improved menu, copy/paste in the URL bar, and much better support for both hardware and software keyboards:

madhava.com/egotism/: Firefox 4 beta 3 for Mobile
    RUSH likes this.
    12-22-2010 01:45 PM
    Thanks a lot. I've always love using fire fox.
    12-22-2010 02:23 PM
    i cant seem to download can some one put the apk up
    12-22-2010 04:40 PM
    Same here. Must be a bad link from firefox.
    12-22-2010 09:03 PM
    Some supported phones are not displaying Firefox in the Market for some reason. We're still investigating this. You can check if your phone is supported here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android

and then download the APK directly from here:

Index of /pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/4.0b3/android-r7/multi

(Note: If your phone is from AT&T, you will have to search for instructions on "sideloading" the APK, since AT&T disables the option to install from non-Market sources.)
    12-23-2010 10:32 AM
    Thanks the ARMv7 worked in the new link for the epic
    12-24-2010 09:26 PM
    i cant seem to download can some one put the apk up
    It's Been working good for me.
    12-24-2010 09:32 PM
    FYI the model number for the Captivate I-897. You list all Galaxy S units as I-9000. If the market search is based on model number then Firefox will not show up in the market for Captivate.
    12-27-2010 06:53 PM
    Has anyone tried hardware acceleration yet?

"To turn it on, go to about:config (in the address bar) and set "layers.accelerate-all" to "true" and restart. If it's working you can go to about:support and the Graphics section will say 1/1 OpenGL."

When I turn it on it freezes all the time (HTC Deisre), but in between the freezes I experience a high frame rate, so there is some potential there I guess. I'd be very interested in a hardware accelerated browser that works well.
    12-30-2010 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD