Tiff Viewer?

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
TIFF2PDF on the Market seems to work quite well...
TIFF2PDF - Android

I tried this, but it doesn't open the TIFF direct from email. It makes you save the file to the phone, then open and convert from there. I simply want to view the TIFF file. What's odd is that if it's emailed to my Gmail account, the preview opens there and I CAN view the TIFF file. Why is it that Google made the GMail preview work, but in Android itself there's no way to view it! I tried the TIFF Fax viewer that's in the market, but that didn't work on the Epic 4G.

RandolphF

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
P.D.A.C. Technologies's TIFF and FAX viewer will does the job. The free "lite" version displays single-page TIFF files; the pay version ($10--ouch!) works on multipage FAX TIFF files. I can confirm that the free version works; I haven't shelled out for the pay version, since I don't need it yet.

Katmeat

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I have never paid that much for an Android program, and probably won't now as a matter of principle. Maybe one day they will have a sale on it, but until then, I will continue to use MyFax to bypass my server fax.

TDF_Software

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
A new app to try

<personal plug>
I just released a free TIFF viewer that allows you to view multi-page TIFF files from gmail and has a built-in file browser. It's several orders of magnitude faster than what's out there. I can understand the other app's trouble with viewing TIFF files from within Gmail because Gmail starts the external viewer intent with a stream instead of a file. It also displays animated GIFs, and animates them in the file browser.

"Fast Image Viewer Free"
</personal plug>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs