Why will Nova Launcher not reset icons or apply themes?

CharlesCC2

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher on the Galaxy S6. I installed the Moonshine theme pack then manually changed some of my icons to use it's icons skins. Now I can't reset the icon skins or apply any other skins.

I've tried the following:

-Reset Nova Launcher
-Reset phone
-Uninstall Moonshine
-Manually change an icon to default skin then again trying to reset all

I can go back and manually set all the icons again, but I'll be unable to reset to default or apply skins again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher on the Galaxy S6. I installed the Moonshine theme pack then manually changed some of my icons to use it's icons skins. Now I can't reset the icon skins or apply any other skins.

I've tried the following:

-Reset Nova Launcher
-Reset phone
-Uninstall Moonshine
-Manually change an icon to default skin then again trying to reset all

I can go back and manually set all the icons again, but I'll be unable to reset to default or apply skins again.
Go to system settings > applications > sort by all > Nova > clear data. See if that helps.

Reboot the phone to clear out any issues that may be present after the clearing of data.

CharlesCC2

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Go to system settings > applications > sort by all > Nova > clear data. See if that helps.

Reboot the phone to clear out any issues that may be present after the clearing of data.

Thanks for the response.

I just want to update that I've figured out the problem. The issue seems to be with selectively changing the icon for any particular shortcut on the desktop. Once you change an icon it will stay that way across all theme changes and icon resets. It ends up that changing themes and resetting icons was taking effect for the icons I had not changed.

The effects do take place on the icons for the actual application in the drawer. The solution to my problem is simply to delete an app shortcut and create a new one. The icon will then follow all theme changes and icon resets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95