What apps can I turn off or force stop without negatively affecting the system?

sanzfrancisco

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
What apps can I turn off or force stop without negatively affecting the system

There are SO many pre-installed apps on this phone that it's driving me crazy. I don't mind that the icons don't go away, but I would like to limit the amount of memory and power that these things are utilizing.
I'm looking forward to hearing from any and all users that have approached this issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What apps can I turn off or force stop without negatively affecting the system

Apps that are installed and not running aren't using memory. Apps that were running and are still in memory get killed if Android needs the space. Even apps that are still running are subject to killing at any time. (Android doesn't work like Windows - apps have to maintain their current state at all times, in case they're killed.)

If those are the only reasons you want to kill or disable apps, don't. An app that Android decides has to be in memory will be, even if you kill it - Android will just reload it, costing you battery and slowing the phone down. (And NEVER install an app that "cleans RAM" - the fastest way to get more battery life and a faster phone is to uninstall an app like that.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non