Amazon Shopping App - Camera Does Not Work

MrKrawk

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi all -

Have an issue with my Amazon Shopping App on my LG L41C. Searched the net and followed various suggestions to no avail.

Here's what happens;
App is opened, I click the camera icon, the camera opens for approximately 1 second and the little dots flicker like it is working, then I get an error saying "The Camera could not open. Please try again"

Have cleared the camera cache. Have cleared the Amazon app cache. Have tried reinstalling the app. I have forced the Walmart app to stop before using Amazon App and no luck either.

The app used to work when I first installed it then either an update broke it or installing the Walmart App did. The Walmart App has no trouble opening the camera to use the Savings Catcher.

The Camera functions as it should as well on the Camera App.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the Amazon app up to date? Also, do you know what other apps have Camera permissions? Sometimes those apps can interfere with camera usage by other apps. For example, some flashlight apps can inadvertently block the camera from being used, since the LED flash is part of the camera.