Is there a way to display a document's contents on a home screen?

GeoJono

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a document that I reference daily, and I'd love to be able to have it displayed on a home screen (Moto X Pure, Marshmallow). I won't need to edit it in that display, just view it. It's longer than 1 page, so I'd need to be able to scroll. Also, ideally, I'd be able to zoom.

It's a text app, so I could save it as almost any type of file, even a graphic file, so that shouldn't be a limitation.

Is there a way to do that? Or is there an app/widget that will do that?

Thanks!

GeoJono

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
For anyone else that may stumble upon this looking for the same thing, I found a couple of notepad apps that have widgets, but I haven't found one that scrolls. If what you need to display is short, that's seems easy to find, but if you need something that will scroll, like what I need, that seems to be elusive or non-existent.

Google Keep will scroll, but not with individual notes. The widget will only show all the notes and you can scroll through them, but you can't display a single note, nor can you scroll a single note within the list. I even deleted all of the notes except the one I wanted to display and Google Keep truncated it and would not scroll.

I believe I've come to the end of the time I'm willing to put into this search. If anyone finds anything that will do this, please update this thread.

Thanks!