GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Blocking/deleting invited contacts fixed issue for others. It is a gmail/google bug

"Turns out this is because I invited her to gmail and she is on my gmail chat list with "invited" status (you have to click down arrow in chat last and select "show all contacts" to see this). The emails stopped once I blocked her in the list."

[My Name] wants to chat emails sent many per-day from my GMail to mom's yahoo. - Talk Help

GoogleCalendar was the culprit. I invited this friend to view my calendar and he never accepted so I removed the invite and, so far, no more (my name) wants to chat emails.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wolfneo

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
hi ...I noticed that my regular call log is showing the calls I made in groove....I tried to check my call log online but could get to it for some reason----evo

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
hi ...I noticed that my regular call log is showing the calls I made in groove....I tried to check my call log online but could get to it for some reason----evo

Hi,

Yes, by default the app updates your native call log. This is done because the app doesn't have it's own call log right now.

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
no outgoing calls

snrb labs: i like your app, but i cannot receive INCOMING calls. i am not logged into gmail, set forwarding to google chat. is there a tutorial for settings? any reasons why i cant call out? i even tried with a fresh google voice #, but it didnt work. i have the latest version of groove ip

outgoing works (ignore the subject title, homer moment)

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
snrb labs: i like your app, but i cannot make outgoing calls. i am not logged into gmail, set forwarding to google chat. is there a tutorial for settings? any reasons why i cant call out? i even tried with a fresh google voice #, but it didnt work. i have the latest version of groove ip

What kind of error do you get? Do you see a green GV notification icon?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
my error. outgoing is ok, incoming doesnt work. tried logging out, forwrd to chat, fresh #, etc

Rgr. Are you logged into google talk on the device itself? Also, it can take a few minutes for google to realize you're not signed in. So if you had been signed in on the pc it may take a few minutes before calls come to the app.

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Rgr. Are you logged into google talk on the device itself? Also, it can take a few minutes for google to realize you're not signed in. So if you had been signed in on the pc it may take a few minutes before calls come to the app.

I am not logged into google talk on my android. i waited for almost an hour to try to receive a call. any other thoughts? is there a tutorial on setup? i really want this to work.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am not logged into google talk on my android. i waited for almost an hour to try to receive a call. any other thoughts? is there a tutorial on setup? i really want this to work.

The steps are basically

1) Verify your google voice number (give them a regular phone number, automated system will call that number and ask you to enter a verification code)

2) Uncheck forwarding to the number you provided in the previous step

3) Check the checkbox to forward calls to google chat

4) Sign out of google chat/gmail/google talk in other locations

If you were using the same account with pbxes.org or another sip provider you have to remove that link otherwise calls may be sent there.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.1.6

- Missed call notification
- Work around to block spam google chat invite emails
- Increase app priority so incoming calls are more likely to route to the app when signed in elsewhere
- Show contact pictures in the in-call screen
- Change default GrooVe IP Google Chat status to "Automated voice only GrooVe IP sign in"
- Allow users to set GrooVe IP Google Chat status to blank
- Fix an issue that caused phone's bluetooth state to reset when GrooVe IP signed out

belmojo

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
GrooVe IP on Atrix

Although I have gmail and google voice set up, I get "could not complete your call, please try again" when a number is dialed from Atrix. Also get message that GrooVe IP is not signed to google voice even though I select the sign-in. Any sugestions of what I am doing wrong?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Although I have gmail and google voice set up, I get "could not complete your call, please try again" when a number is dialed from Atrix. Also get message that GrooVe IP is not signed to google voice even though I select the sign-in. Any sugestions of what I am doing wrong?

There's a section in the help in the app, did this not work?

If you receive an error saying "Could not complete your call, please try again" this could be either a temporary Google voice outage or a problem with your Google voice account. First, please make an outgoing call using Google Chat from Gmail on your browser (Call phones from Gmail - Official Gmail Blog). After one such call, GrooVe IP on your device should be able to make outgoing calls. Some other things that can cause this are if your language preference is not English, or if you have a gizmo number associated with your account, or if the Google chat email address listed in your Google voice account is not a gmail or google apps account.

belmojo

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. After making the outgoing call from google chat, GrooVe IP worked grea from my cell phone. Adding this to the Help screen would be good. Great program.

belmojo

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. After making a call from google chat, I was able to us GrooVe IP to make a call over the WiFi connected cell phone. This recommendation shouldbe added to the help screen. Great program.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. After making a call from google chat, I was able to us GrooVe IP to make a call over the WiFi connected cell phone. This recommendation shouldbe added to the help screen. Great program.

The paragraph I posted is cut and paste from the help screen in version 1.1.6 :)

jroids

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
GrooVe IP connection issues

So i purchased GrooVe IP and tried using it on my HTC TouchPro2 but the program always closes on me when i attempt to place a call. After dialing a phone number the program immediately closes out. Any fix for this? or did i waste $4.00.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So i purchased GrooVe IP and tried using it on my HTC TouchPro2 but the program always closes on me when i attempt to place a call. After dialing a phone number the program immediately closes out. Any fix for this? or did i waste $4.00.

I'm not sure what's causing that. Restarting the phone or re-installing the app didn't fix it?

Shoot me an email snrb.labs@gmail.com. Can put together a logging build to send to you if you want to get it working. Or can refund/cancel your order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer