Bixby or Google Assistant

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I am trying to use Google assistant to see if I like it better than Bixby but for the the life me I can't get it work. I don't know ow how to launch it or train it for voice. Also, which us better? TIA

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I was an avid Google assistant user, until of late. I use Bixby now. Useful, especially if you have a Samsung phone.

The improvement of Bixby over the years have made this very reliable. I wasn't able to say that a few years ago. But each has its perks. Hopefully you can get Google to work and try them each out for yourself.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Both for me. For internet-type searches I use Google, likely out of habit more than anything. For reminders and device functions, I use Bixby. I especially like Bixby for location-based reminders!

Sent from Galaxtis 2.0

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally prefer anything Google in terms of services. Use assistant on all my other devices and Google home products etc. If I have an option I be would just nuke any traces of Bixby from my phone completely

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use a combination of both, but use Bixby most since it's integrated into the galaxy buds.

Oh it is integrated into the buds? I don't use Bixby I just use Google but maybe I will try I have Alexa devices at home. I think I put Google on my watch. But I don't really know what all Bixby does. Maybe I'll try it. Are the butts pro 2 that much better than the buds pro on just wondering whether to have an extra pair or sell them

There used to be an app back when I had HTCs and maybe even my 7 edge speak to it assisted this guy assistant he knew my name who could ask him all this stuff I had a widget of him so cool.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There was a Samsung rep present at Best Buy when I was checking out the S23's. He said Samsung has considered changing the name of Bixby as the name comes with negativity. Even if it the product becomes equivalent or better than other assistants, people are reluctant to give it a chance.

While I do not have an S23 yet, I have not used previous iterations. I tried to like it with the S8+ & Note 9, but found Google Assistant to be more intuitive for what I needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36