Email Log-In (Outlook App)

SkyNetworks

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Google Pixel XL.

I have my work email set up on the Note 4 using what I assume is Samsung''s default email client.

But on the Pixel XL where I am using Microsoft''s 'Outlook for Android' App, I am repeatedly prompted to re-enter my password everytime I open it.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Outlook app because when I switched on my old Note 4 today and clicked on the (Samsung?) email app all my emails were there and I wasn't prompted to re-enter anything.

Can anybody help please?

Cheers,
SN.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes , Hotmail had deteriorated since Microsoft took it over. In any case, go to the help section on the email client and they should fix it for you...

SkyNetworks

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks.

I did try that but their Support Centre advised me to delete the work email account from the app and start again. But it's still happening.

Given I never had this problem with the Samsung email client, could you suggest another email app that I can use on the Pixel instead please? Because perhaps you're right about Hotmail having deteriorated?

Cheers.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have Hotmail for any junky type email and Gmail is my main one...
Everything Microsoft puts their grubby hands on turns to crap!

RichHowerton

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I also had issue with my s8+ with outlook. Worked fine for about a month, then the dreaded login loop started and even after uninstalls, reset account in the app just as support requested, , outlook would send me right back to the login prompt. Such a pia. Had to uninstall from s8+. Right now I can't sync calendar to outlook on s8+, I have to use my lumia 950.

RichHowerton

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Update, was able to get outlook.com calendar sync using the android stock calendar app. Go to manage calendars, add account, exchange, use eas.outlook.com as server. And bam, u have calendars from your outlook.com. syncs both ways. Got a message from outlook in email saying that to use android, click link to authorize. Glad I can get my calendar back on android again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non