Low battery GPS - SOS

adammj

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
For a few weeks now I've been trying to come up with a method, exploring multiple apps, to accomplish this -

Have my phone automatically broadcast its GPS position to a specific email or SMS recipient upon reaching a pre-defined battery level - say 6%.

The idea came to me after nearly loosing my phone the other week. The battery died while I was out and about which made it impossible to locate later using "Lookout" which I currently use to find my phone in the event of loss/theft.

A friend said there MIGHT be a scheme I could set up using Locale that would accomplish this but I wanted to go over any other options before paying for Locale.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Good idea in theory. GPS eats up battery though. Your device could end up just killing itself trying to get a fix.

A friend said there MIGHT be a scheme I could set up using Locale that would accomplish this but I wanted to go over any other options before paying for Locale.
Keep in mind that Locale and Tasker are very powerful and versatile apps. They can certainly do far much more than just what you're asking.