What to know how to uninstall some apps that came on phone

valinda82

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
I would like to uninstall talk back and few other apps that a android apps that came on the phone when bought brand new but I don't use them so they are useless for me and taking up space on phone that I need is there away to uninstall android apps that came on the phone??

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalling them won't give you back space apart from space taken up by updates. You can disable them from the apps menu so they won't take up space. However those that can't be disabled are core apps and the phone is using them even if you think you're not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Disabled apps won't be automatically updated, so at least you can prevent the app from increasing in size (which usually happens with updates).

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You cant completely remove many bloat apps, but you can deactivate them. It depends on the device and carrier what you can and can not do.

For me simply disabling unused apps is sufficient. I just use application manager. Force stop, clear cache + clear data, turn off permissions, turn of notifications, restrict background data, disable. Note that disabling the app will not free up storage space, although it will prevent the app from updating and getting any bigger.

If the app has the uninstall / remove option... use that. AFIAK this will (or at least should) free up space. I have never actually verified it.

If you are unsure how important the app is, google search the name. On Verizon the go90 carrier bloat is the bad one, it installs games and other junk in the background. There may be others as well, so its good practice to kill off whatever you can.

On Verizon these are the bloat apps I deactivate. The 4-5 that I have completely un-installed don't appear on this list. You mention talkback specifically... I have not noticed any negative side effects from deleting it.
37371510851_486bf2c307_n.jpg

36701635653_9bf7930b50_n.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames