Installation of Google Maps unsuccessful

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone ran into this error "Installation of Google Maps unsuccessful" when trying to update Google Maps 4.1?

I have tried to uninstall the existing 4.0 version of maps, but am unable to as well. Is there a Read-Only switch that I need to look at possibly?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are your rooted and if so what rom are you using?

How are you trying to delete it? I use root explorer and that seems to always work for me.

Last edited:

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Im running an ESE53 released Rom.

Deleted the Maps out of the apps folder using root explorer.

The error says it is an incompatible update. It downloads fine, but just will not install.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
try this - go into manage applications and remove com.google.android.apps.maps first, click uninstall then reboot then install maps from market

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i dont seem to have google maps listed in Manage Applications (even when Filtering by ALL)

Still stuck w/ no update. Thoughts?

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i dont seem to have google maps listed in Manage Applications (even when Filtering by ALL)

Still stuck w/ no update. Thoughts?

I found I had some downloads sitting in /cache... which caused my phone to not have enough room to download the full upgrade/update apk... (so my phone wouldn't install it because the file was corrupt)... after removing those files, everything was good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty