Blockbuster On Demand Video App

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I was reading an article about how Blockbuster is trying to avoid bankruptcy and noticed that they were planning an app that would allow a download to Android and Windows Mobile phones. It's already available, apparently, on the T-Mobile HTC HD2. I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about that on here, but that sure would be cool. I'm assuming that you could hook the phone up to your TV and watch it from there, via the phone.

Would this be an actual download, though, or would it be more like streaming? Either way, sounds pretty cool.

Link to article:Blockbuster makes last-ditch efforts to prevent bankruptcy - Mar. 24, 2010

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
ive been trying it and it force closes upon the activate withh device click on the nex us 2.2 so idk.... wish it would work. its cool on the droid x. u just rent the movies, there like 3.99 a movie though, but it downloads to ur phone sd then u can open n play anytime within 24 hours before it disappears.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it just to look at it, but $3.99 a view (i.e. Rental) is a bit much for me considering my average cost of a Netflix movie is less than $1. Might be handy in a pinch (at least until the Netflix app is out), so I'm keeping it though.

And no, you can't output it to your TV. Phone only. And no, this isn't going to prevent BB from continuing to hemorrhage money every quarter.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw the blockbuster app on my DX but have not tried to use it yet. Glad to know now that I can only watch movie off phone , but I wouldn't want to watch it on phone.The DX screen isnt as big as my 46" HDTV so guess I will just pass this app up ,lol :p

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
i did watch book of eli with headphones on in bed one night on the droid x. it was cool. gotta try it at least once. not oo bad in the droid x dock either. but headphones is a must. but still wont work on my nexus.