Google Music not working on Google TV

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Shortly after getting my invitation and uploading about 5000 songs to Google Music Beta, I was able to use the service flawlessly across all my devices: phone (DInc), tablet (Xoom), desktop (MorphOS), and Google TV. I was careful not to have more than one device streaming at the same time as per Google's own restrictions.

Lately, I'm having major problems getting music to play from Google Chrome using the Logitech Revue. It seems like it WANTS to play -- the animation next to the song start flickering -- but the seek bar never progresses. It remains at 00:00. I've tried clearing the data from the app, force closing and even rebooting. This has worked once, but other times it still won't play music.

Any ideas?

TJH

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It works intermittently. I used it last night before bed and this afternoon. Then tonight it wasn't working again. It's very random and I haven't found the secret combination to making it more reliable.

I was on Logitech forum when the Revue first came out. I'll have to return (if I can remember my credentials) .

TJH

pottingshed

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It works intermittently. I used it last night before bed and this afternoon. Then tonight it wasn't working again. It's very random and I haven't found the secret combination to making it more reliable.

I was on Logitech forum when the Revue first came out. I'll have to return (if I can remember my credentials) .

TJH
It's not Logitech. I have the same problem now with a Sony Google TV. I'm guessing that Google has disabled Google Music on Google TV for the time being? If so, this sucks.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It can't be completely disabled because is does work ocassionally. Last night, for example, I was able to listen for about an hour using playlists and albums. I switched it off before it ever quit working. Go figure.

TJH