Issues updating with Google Play

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi there long time user of android and I love the platform but of late I have been having major issues with updating apps more so the social apps like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Drivetribe also I have issues updating social connected games such as Game of Sultans, Homescapes and Gardenscapes. The things I have tried.
.. Clearing cache and data
.. Turning off and on phone
.. Disabling and enabling app
.. Repaired my phone through Xperia Companion (PC)

What I have to do constantly which is annoying no end uninstalling the offending app and reinstalling.

Phone details: Sony Xperia XA1
Android OS: Android Oreo

Thanks all.
Éire

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

What are the issues you're seeing? Do the updates never finish? Are you getting error messages, and if so, what do they say?

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

What are the issues you're seeing? Do the updates never finish? Are you getting error messages, and if so, what do they say?

Hi there thanks for the move.

They never finish installing and when they do I get the error code. Its so annoying don't know how to fix it.

Éire

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned clearing cache and data -- was this for only the Play Store app, or also for the Download Manager?

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
You mentioned clearing cache and data -- was this for only the Play Store app, or also for the Download Manager?

It was for Google Play and the offending apps. Never thought of the download manager. I've seen that when I go to apps.. Show system.. And it's on the list. That's a step I haven't tried. When it happens again I'll try that.

Thanks so much

Éire

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site

Still getting the error code. After deleting cache and data from the download manager it still comes up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190228-152232.jpg
    Screenshot_20190228-152232.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6