Intermittent notification sound when WhatsApp messages received?

Ian7n

Jul 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am part of a family WhatsApp group and have recently noticed an intermittent problem with audible notifications.

Basically, whilst my Samsung phone is in sleep mode, some incoming messages are sounding a notification, and others are not?

Initially, I thought it were a problem with my phone. However, I have since noticed that my mothers phone of similar type & in the same WhatsApp group is doing exactly the same thing to the same messages?

It is as if the sender has the ability to not notify the recipient, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am part of a family WhatsApp group and have recently noticed an intermittent problem with audible notifications.

Basically, whilst my Samsung phone is in sleep mode, some incoming messages are sounding a notification, and others are not?

Initially, I thought it were a problem with my phone. However, I have since noticed that my mothers phone of similar type & in the same WhatsApp group is doing exactly the same thing to the same messages?

It is as if the sender has the ability to not notify the recipient, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful.
You can take WhatsApp out of battery optimization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez