03-13-2017 03:06 AM
99 123 ...
tools
    Mark it, Dude. GS6 now works with GMS 7.3.29!

Latest Google Play Services update enables Android Auto on the Galaxy S6 | Android Central

Finally picked up a GS6. Unfortunately it continuously thinks the car is in motion and won't connect Android Auto. :-/
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:00 AM
    Ah, the wonders of TouchWiz.
    04-02-2015 09:38 AM
    S6s have a restriction for launching apps while in motion?
    04-02-2015 12:41 PM
    S6s have a restriction for launching apps while in motion?
    Not quite sure what's going on.
    04-02-2015 02:56 PM
    Galaxy S6? Has it already been released?

Sent from my SM-G900V Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2015 03:01 PM
    Galaxy S6? Has it already been released?

Yep.
    04-02-2015 03:06 PM
    In the U.S.?

04-02-2015 03:06 PM
    Please keep us abreast of your findings. I've been suffering with this on the S6 Edge for a couple of days. I did notice that CarMode opens in the status bar, at nearly the same time as AA when I plug in USB. I'm curious if the 2 are conflicting, thus giving the "Cannot run AA at this time. Check your phone when safe" message. I'm struggling to find a way to turn off CarMode on this device. The toggle isn't in the same place as the S5 and Note4.
    04-02-2015 07:10 PM
    Please keep us abreast of your findings. I've been suffering with this on the S6 Edge for a couple of days. I did notice that CarMode opens in the status bar, at nearly the same time as AA when I plug in USB. I'm curious if the 2 are conflicting, thus giving the "Cannot run AA at this time. Check your phone when safe" message. I'm struggling to find a way to turn off CarMode on this device. The toggle isn't in the same place as the S5 and Note4.
    Maybe, but car mode launches on the M8/M9, too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 07:54 PM
    I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap.
    04-03-2015 05:46 AM
    I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap.
    I'm not assuming it's TouchWiz just yet ... There are a lot of moving parts here.

But still, yeah. Stuff needs to work.
    04-03-2015 07:28 AM
    I was thinking the same thing.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-03-2015 12:55 PM
    Maybe I should go cancel my backorder pre order, this is one of the reasons I wanted to move to a Lollipop device (don't know why the Xperia is taking so long getting it).
    04-03-2015 06:09 PM
    Phil, I've never been able to connect a Samsung galaxy anything with my car. A few years ago, a Samsung rep confirmed to me there were issues with the MTP connection on the phones when trying to direct connect to a car via USB. Maybe that's part of the problem?
    04-05-2015 11:18 AM
    Is this an Android Auto problem or a Bluetooth problem? My pebble keeps disconnecting within minutes on the GS6. And after it's disconnected, it wants to re-pair everytime I reconnect. There's something weird going on (or does the connection to Android Auto not require Bluetooth?)
    04-05-2015 04:24 PM
    Is this an Android Auto problem or a Bluetooth problem? My pebble keeps disconnecting within minutes on the GS6. And after it's disconnected, it wants to re-pair everytime I reconnect. There's something weird going on (or does the connection to Android Auto not require Bluetooth?)
    Android Auto uses a USB connection for data transfer (user interface, music, Google Maps, etc.) and a Bluetooth connection for phone calls. So it uses both.

I don't know what Samsung did to Android that could be causing issues, but obviously they made significant changes. As Phil has said, there are "many moving parts".
    04-05-2015 09:31 PM
    "I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap."

My Nexus 6 with 5.1 works perfectly with AA on my Pioneer 4100.
    04-06-2015 07:07 AM
    Any updates on this? Just picked up my gs6 and getting the "Android Auto is not available at this time" message. Also trying to connect to the Pioneer NEX 4100, which should be compatible. I've read that MirrorLink signed a deal with Samsung, but haven't been able to get that to work either.
    04-11-2015 09:00 PM
    Same issue/message. Plugged into USB2 with a new galaxy S6 on the AVIC8100..

Darnit you samsung!
    04-11-2015 10:48 PM
    We're talking about Android Auto, the in development trying to partner with various automotive companies? (android.com/auto/)

This isn't even fully supported or available yet so why would this be a make or break it deal when considering the GS6 as your phone? I get if maybe another phone worked but again, this is still in development so it could be more of a place holder on Samsung's part no? With a update in the future maybe?
    04-12-2015 10:22 AM
    I did find this on the Android Auto website today:
    "Android Auto is not currently supported on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Verizon Wireless customers in the U.S. Google is working with Samsung on compatibility and will announce an update when the issue is resolved. "
    I would have assumed that they would have fixed this in time for the GS6 launch though...
    04-12-2015 12:44 PM
    I was reading this forum and I believe it is something with lollipop and pioneer radios. I have the LG g3 with Verizon. I was previously running kit kat with no issues. I'm now running a leaked version of lollipop, of which there have been 3 different versions, and with each I have not been able to stream music via Bluetooth with my avh x4600bt. I was hoping that the issue would have been resolved with newer pioneer radios and 2015 smartphones but it sounds like that is not the case.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-12-2015 02:53 PM
    We're talking about Android Auto, the in development trying to partner with various automotive companies? (android.com/auto/)

This isn't even fully supported or available yet so why would this be a make or break it deal when considering the GS6 as your phone? I get if maybe another phone worked but again, this is still in development so it could be more of a place holder on Samsung's part no? With a update in the future maybe?
    Except it is fully supported and available.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Insp_Gadget likes this.
    04-12-2015 07:11 PM
    It was pretty disappointing coming from my M8 where it worked great with my 4100NEX to the G6. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Does it work with upgraded GS5s?
    04-13-2015 06:30 AM
    It was pretty disappointing coming from my M8 where it worked great with my 4100NEX to the G6. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Does it work with upgraded GS5s?
    Not if you are using a Verizon GS5. And even then, the voice control isn't working on them. Google has noted this and is working on a fix. Hopefully, that will also bring the GS6s into the fold.
    04-13-2015 07:28 AM
99 123 ...