GoogleNow/Android Auto not working all the time - help!!!

mpisani

May 24, 2011
Visit site
mpisani

This Topic's Starter

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge running Android Auto on my Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. I went on vacation and my car sat for a while and now when I'm in Android Auto mode I can't receive and send text messages. I ask Google for the weather or to do a calculation and I get nothing. However, if I ask Google to dial someone whether in my contacts for not, it dials the number. Does this make any sense? There doesn't appear to be any official Android Auto support. I contact Pioneer and they told me my contacts weren't syncing with Android Auto which was strange enough when they said it, but given the fact that I don't get a reply when I ask GoogleNow for the weather means my contacts shouldn't have anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

mpisani

May 24, 2011
Visit site
When I go to Applicaion Manager on my phone, I don't see a Google Search app, and the apps I see, can only Force Quit or Disable

fragilemn

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have seen varying behavior from voice commands over time. It seems like Google messes with things on their end and you get different behaviors on Android Auto. So far all the bad behaviors have rectified themselves over time. I would give it a little while and see if it starts behaving normally again.