Android Auto

dkyork

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I'm very disappointed in AA. DND loads and blocks all notifications and messages. I was able to listen to my txt msgs before and reply via voice through AA. Whay happened? I have chevy link with a galaxy s8.

Come on google Devs........

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does your messaging app of choice work with AA? I use Hangouts for texting (I'm on Fi, we have a reprieve from the cancellation of SMS in Hangouts) and I get notified of my messages when AA is running, and I can listen and respond. AA is working as intended by activating DnD but it should allow your texts if your text app is AA-compatible.

dkyork

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Does your messaging app of choice work with AA? I use Hangouts for texting (I'm on Fi, we have a reprieve from the cancellation of SMS in Hangouts) and I get notified of my messages when AA is running, and I can listen and respond. AA is working as intended by activating DnD but it should allow your texts if your text app is AA-compatible.
It started working again today. Txt came in and the car let me listen to it. However, it did not let me reply.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem receiving messages or calls while using AA. If I need to connect to another app, I go back to my car's homescreen to do so. AA continues running in the background and continues to give me driving instructions while navigating.