Is Samsung Link Only for Samsung?

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it true that I simply cannot get Samsung Link on my Nexus 7 2013 LTE Tablet (Android 4.4.3) or on my Nexus 5 phone (Android 4.4.4) because they are NOT Samsung devices? I put Samsung Link on my 2 Windows computers, but I can't seem to do the same with my phone and Tablet. They cannot use that mode of communication with my new Samsung Smart Camera WB350F?
And I don't have a Samsung Smart TV. I have a regular HDTV and a Chromecast dongle. I don't seem to be able to buy a Samsung-approved DLNA dongle so my Smart Camera can communicate with it either.
Do I understand this correctly? Short of rooting stuff, I'm stuck? The Samsung WB350F Smart Camera is still great, but it would have been nice to know about these communication restrictions. Yes?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apps like these are almost always proprietary, and likely require some other Samsung software or hardware on the device to work properly. There are rare exceptions (like HTC recently deciding to make Zoe available to all phones). But this has been the standard practice in the AV industry for a while--they want to you to buy more of their own stuff, not someone else's!:p

What exactly are you trying to do? Is it mostly to connect the camera to the TV? Or you just want everything linked?

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
What exactly are you trying to do? Is it mostly to connect the camera to the TV? Or you just want everything linked?
I would like to have everything linked, but perhaps you can answer this question -> If I bought a DLNA dongle for my HDTV, would it receive what the WB350F Samsung Smart Camera transmits over DLNA?
Let me also add that it is really good of you to cover ALL of the queries that you do!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems that a DLNA adapter for your TV should work, but it's always hard to tell about compatibility. Here's an article that might help, although I'm not sure how compatible the mentioned adapters are: DLNA TV Adapters

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I wrote to 3 of the sellers of DLNA dongles for my HDTV and all 3 of them say they are not compatible with a Samsung WB350F Smart Camera. I need to have a Samsung Smart TV. Of course, I'm not going to buy one. Similarly, I cannot get Samsung Link on my Nexus Android devices because they are not Samsung Android devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa