Need help upgrading to Sprint Android phone

sallyf425

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade from my current Katana Sprint phone. I'm looking for a phone with a qwerty keyboard, (is a virtual keyboard easy to use?) along with digital camera with video capability. (my daughter lives out of town and has tried to send me videos of my new grandson) My current phone does not support video. I have Sprint service since I get a company discount on my mobile phone service. I know it's a big jump up but I have been looking at the Android phones. I'd like some suggestions from current Android Sprint phone users on which phone(s) they would recommend along with their thoughts on getting a phone with Android 2.2 or 2.1. I don't think I need 4G service especially since there is an additional $10 fee per month for data usage. I'm most definitely a newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well if you do not want the 4g service and want an android phone on Sprint, that kind of leaves you to the Transform would be my choice then. Running Android 2.1 os with a physical keyboard and virtual. So it will give you a chance to train to both.

But i do believe you are asking this in the wrong thread. Try out looking in the actual sprint thread for some more answers

sallyf425

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate within this community. It took me a while just to figure out how to post a "thread" let alone how to choose the right place to go to get some type of answer. Can you be more specific on navigating to the "Sprint thread"?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Click on Forums, scrolldown towards bottome, to Other forums,,, under the Carriers section you will see Sprint amongst others.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate within this community. It took me a while just to figure out how to post a "thread" let alone how to choose the right place to go to get some type of answer. Can you be more specific on navigating to the "Sprint thread"?

Its all good. We were all there at one point or another. But just as DroidXcon puts it, thats how you would get to the Carrier forums. So just head on over there and there is a lot of people that will have alot of info for you as well.

Welcome to the threads by the way

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, the transform seems like the phone for you.

Or if you want to get the best you can get with a physical keyboard, get the Epic 4G.
In january another 4G phone with a keyboard is coming out. The HTC shift/speedy/knight. [we dont know the name yet. lol]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez