Whats the deal with doodle jump?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Android is slowly getting there. With the immense popularity of the Droid, Evo, Droid X, Galaxy S, and soon the Droid 2, developers, especially the big name ones, will start seeing Android as a viable gaming platform.

I say for the indie developers out there, get your foot in the door before everyone else runs in. I would if I knew how to code.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
DOODLE JUMP update

received in my email:

Thank you for your email. We understand your frustration with the current version of Doodle Jump on Android. We too are frustrated. Here is the situation:

In terms of issues that have been mentioned in the Market Place comments, we have had a build ready to go for some time. Thus far the licensor (LimaSky) has not given greenlight to the builds due to discrepancies between the iPhone and Android version. With the iPhone platform, developers are developing 1 single build to fit one device, whereas with Android, we cover over 90 different devices which come in many sizes and form factors. This is why it has taken us a very long time to get the update out to everyone.

In our current state, we believe we have achieved about 95% of what’s needed for the greenlight. We are very, very close in other words. And even though it seems that we have neglected this issue for too long, the situation is the absolute opposite in reality.

Recently, September 2 & 3, LimaSky and GameHouse were physically together in Helsinki working to get the absolute best Android game to you. Given our track record with the long delay, we don’t want to commit to a specific date for when the update will happen. One of the great things about the Android Market is once we have approval; the updated build will go up immediately.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will play Doodle Jump when we do launch the update.

Sincerely,

GameHouse Customer Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699