Just bought 'What the Doodle'

Postal Dude

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
To start off.... very good amusing game. win for developers.

Now for the question..

It says in the app store that is ?1. Im in the UK so all my accounts are in GBP. So why was i charged ?1.18?

I hate to make the comparison, but if you purchase something on iTunes for ?0.79 then you get charged ?0.79.

VAT here is 17.5% so i can make a healthy guess that thats what is going on here. But if that is the case, why dont they advertise the prices as ?1 (Minus VAT) Or ?1.18 (inc VAT)

Would it be possible for the android store to know what region you are in and add VAT appropriate to your own personal location?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
To start off.... very good amusing game. win for developers.

Now for the question..

It says in the app store that is ?1. Im in the UK so all my accounts are in GBP. So why was i charged ?1.18?

I hate to make the comparison, but if you purchase something on iTunes for ?0.79 then you get charged ?0.79.

VAT here is 17.5% so i can make a healthy guess that thats what is going on here. But if that is the case, why dont they advertise the prices as ?1 (Minus VAT) Or ?1.18 (inc VAT)

Would it be possible for the android store to know what region you are in and add VAT appropriate to your own personal location?

It's funny that you make the iTunes comparison, because in my experience, everything I buy in iTunes is listed with the pre-tax price. So it must be the exact opposite as what you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non