Power Scheduled and battery charge on tablet

tomycrosound

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
I have two old devices from an unknown manufacturer Vivax, one Android 4.1, the other 6.0. Both have the option to self-switch off and self-switch on at a set time. I bought a Vivax TPC 102 with Android 9 Pie, - there is no such option! Is it up to the device or up to the android version?

The second question - the tablet is active all the time and on the charger, mounted on the wall. It happens that it suddenly stops charging, which I notice when the battery is empty, so I have to plug out and then plug in the charger to start charging again. Would a stronger charger solve this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, the feature to automatically restart is up to the manufacturer. This is not a standard option in Android devices.

Regarding the charging issue, it might be an issue with the charging port or the charging cable/plug. Make sure the charging port is completely clean -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and clean it with a dry toothbrush. If that doesn't help, try a different charging cable/plug.

tomycrosound

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
..I didn't mean to reboot, but to turn it off in the evening and turn it on in the morning.
Not a problem in the port, it's clean, new. It charges, and then stops after 5-10 hours. The only thing that comes to mind is a small current, since it comes from the charger with a UTP cable trough the wall to the tablet. I will try to buy a charger at 3A and test.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, options to automatically restart or to automatically power off at a certain time and power on at another time are similar, and are still up to the manufacturer.

If the 3rd party charger doesn't work, then it might be a glitch in the hardware or firmware. In that case, not sure if there's much you can do, since it's unlikely the manufacturer for those tablets ever came out with any official updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89