Pixel 2, Android 9, Messages 3.9 problem

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm deaf and use Google Messages a lot. I'm in Mexico and use Telcel as my service provider. When I send a message it simply goes, 75% of the time. The other 25% it doesn't go, I get a text message saying it didn't go and there is a notification that says the phone number is incorrectly formatted. There is a red label saying "press to send again". When I press it sometimes goes and other times I had to resend three or four times. Eventually, it always goes.

I have tried every conceivable format for the phone number and it doesn't make any difference.

It's irritating.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try bringing the phone to Telcel and asking them. If it sometimes goes and sometimes doesn't, it could be a problem on their end.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Try bringing the phone to Telcel and asking them. If it sometimes goes and sometimes doesn't, it could be a problem on their end.

Thanks. That was my fall-back position. My fear is that when I get there I can send 174 messages without the problem occurring. I mostly wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem.