I think my phone has been cloned?

Ryan 8

Aug 10, 2022
Visit site
I've been being harassed by a group of people and I think they might be mirroring my phone. I have a few logs of my location but I don't know what all the info means.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been being harassed by a group of people and I think they might be mirroring my phone. I have a few logs of my location but I don't know what all the info means.
You know how hard it is to do this without your knowledge or permission? Like, super hard. NSA type hard. Does this group of people drive black vans?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you don't know what something means, do you always automatically assume the worst?

There are a lot of ways people can figure out what you're doing, and most of those ways don't require complex hacking. So many people overshare their lives online, which can make it very easy for anyone who pays attention to know where you are, what you're doing, and who you're with.

Read these:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Nerdkel77

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site
I'm thinking & experiencing contrary to this- I've had cloned SIM happen twice, that I know of. I know the "who" part and believe me, 3 things come into play:
1.someone who portrays themselves as unknowledgeable with technology, but you witness them being extremely savy on something. If they can master _____, they can master something more challenging.

2. Motive- goes without explanation.
3.Opportunity- Ditto.

Sometimes these individuals who target someone, can be the same person we open our front door too, our lives and then it's too late. IMO- No one is to be trusted with anything digital of ours, any personal devices and nothing that stores information. Get a safety deposit box before you innocently hand over to a "trusted" friend something that may end up in someone else's hands for whatever reason.

Cloning/hacking is real, it does require some skill, it is very wrong,very damaging and if your phone has been cloned, clear the deck. You could go through a hundred devices and 100 of them cloned. Or you could save some frustration and take a long look at those who surround you, and noted points above. If nothing checks out, sleep on it. May just be your issues and accusing people without proof, is not cool. If you weren't cloned before, you may be now.

Bottom line, keep any of the things I listed safe! Worry smarter, not harder lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87