Was my phone infected with a trojan virus?

butlerlaxx19

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody, last night I was searching the web on my phone, to see where I could find the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad at. When i opened a webpage it said that my phone was infected with a trojan virus and it said would you like to get rid of it, I then clicked okay not thinking out of fear that my phone might be infected. Nothing happened after I clicked i,t and I then closed the website. I looked around on google for some answers, but didn't find much I then downloaded the Avast! mobile security app to see if my phone was infected. After running a few scans nothing showed up, but I am still paranoid because I do not want the trojan virus to get to a credit card or anything like that. I'm not the smartest when it comes to technology so I was hoping somebody on here could help me and tell me what to do.Thank you!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Most likely you were not infected with one. Typically sites that say that are fishing for people to install their anti-spyware/malware products, which are usually spyware and/or malware themselves.

Do you remember if the site actually downloaded anything? Even if it did, usually anything executable needs to be activated once downloaded by the user. For example to download an app from anything not the play store, you have to allow for the installation in your security settings manually, then download it, then go to the download and install it and accept it's permissions. It still is possible to get viruses in other ways, but it's incredibly rare without your active participation in it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Most likely you were not infected with one. Typically sites that say that are fishing for people to install their anti-spyware/malware products, which are usually spyware and/or malware themselves.

Do you remember if the site actually downloaded anything? Even if it did, usually anything executable needs to be activated once downloaded by the user. For example to download an app from anything not the play store, you have to allow for the installation in your security settings manually, then download it, then go to the download and install it and accept it's permissions. It still is possible to get viruses in other ways, but it's incredibly rare without your active participation in it.

This^^^

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Btw, welcome to the forums! 👍😃

You need to learn to control yourself. Please, do not press on any of those ads! Just don't!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical