Android TV Wireless & Bluetooth will not switch on. :(

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. :)

I love this forum and use it a lot for all my Android Phone questions but I can't see any sections of the forum for Android TV's.

So first off, can I get help with Android TV's here? If not... please can you recommend a forum where I can?

Secondly, if I can get TV help here..... My Android TV is a 2017 Philips 55PUS7181/12. Android version: 7.1.2 Security Patch Level: 5th March 2018.

When I try and turn on the WiFi and/or Bluetooth connections all that happens is that I get the spinning circle (loading/please wait animation) which stays on screen for a about a minute (normally only a second) and then disappears and the WiFi/Bluetooth is still off. The TV obviously tries to turn it on but fails.

I've had the TV for 19 months and have never had any problems with it until now. I have reset the TV back to factory defaults and have the latest software update installed.

I am in communication with Philips TV Support via email but it's taking a very long time. The TV is still covered by the manufacturers 24 month warranty. I can only see two reasons for the problem, the WiFi/Bluetooth adaptor has either got corrupted drivers or has totally failed. That being said, I think it's going to have to be replaced by Philips..... eventually.

So before I go the full distance with Philips I'm wondering if any of you here have experience with Android TV's and if there's a way of manually uninstalling/reinstalling the WiFi/Bluetooth cards soft/firmware? Or if anyone knows more than just the usual troubleshooting methods? Or ideally.... if someone knows how to solve the problem right now. :D :D

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. :)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
There is an Android TV forum tucked away in the Android in the Home forum, so I moved this thread there.

Just to be sure -- this is the latest update you installed? https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/55PUS...ht-3-sided-and-pixel-precise-ultra-hd/support

Hi @B. Diddy. :)

Cheers for moving the thread to the correct area.

Yeah... I downloaded the software from that exact webpage.

There is only one software version available to download on their website and that's the latest version. After downloading it I found that the tv will only let you install software versions that are newer than the currently installed version.

There are no links to older software versions that I can see which is a shame as initially I wanted to install an older version just to see if it would persuade the wireless card to work again.

I was also a bit annoyed when I found that when you use the factory reset/reinstall tv option it doesn't reinstall the original software.... so it's not even a full reset to factory defaults.

I know that these tv's have at least one hidden menu and would be very interested to see what other options are available but all the articles I've found on the web which show the codes feature slightly different models and different remote controls than the one I have.

My remote (front)
20181209-054516.jpg

My remote (rear)
20181209-054544.jpg

Last edited: