Slow Starlink download speeds on Android tv box

azaudi

Sep 28, 2023
Visit site
Wondering if others have this problem. Internet is Starlink wifi. My device is a Formuler Z10 Pro Max. I will run a speed test on Starlink using my Formuler Z10 and my Motorola cell phone..same speed test app on both devices and start the speed test on both devices at the same moment.
A typical result is on my phone a speed of 140-150 Mbps down, while the Formuler box will be 35-40 Mbps down.
Is it normal for Starlink to lose a lot of speed going thru a tv box compared to the results on a cell phone?
A. few rare times I will get 130-140 Mbps down on the tv box but 98% of the time the speed will be 140-150 down on my phone and 40 plus/minus on the tv box

SMH17Group

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Connection speed should be the same on Tv Box and smartphone if the network interface has same specs.
If TV Box is slower likely the WiFi connection reception of the TV Box has lower quality signal, this could be caused by local interferences in the area where you have placed the TV Box or something that shield the signal.
If you use some Airmouse with 2.4Ghz dongle, could be useful to switch WiFi to 5GHz band mode.

azaudi

Sep 28, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Gives me things to think about. I will admit talking about network interface is over my head. Have no idea how or where to check if tv box and phone
Wondering if others have this problem. Internet is Starlink wifi. My device is a Formuler Z10 Pro Max. I will run a speed test on Starlink using my Formuler Z10 and my Motorola cell phone..same speed test app on both devices and start the speed test on both devices at the same moment.
A typical result is on my phone a speed of 140-150 Mbps down, while the Formuler box will be 35-40 Mbps down.
Is it normal for Starlink to lose a lot of speed going thru a tv box compared to the results on a cell phone?
A. few rare times I will get 130-140 Mbps down on the tv box but 98% of the time the speed will be 140-150 down on my phone and 40 plus/minus on the tv box

azaudi

Sep 28, 2023
Visit site

Connection speed should be the same on Tv Box and smartphone if the network interface has same specs.
If TV Box is slower likely the WiFi connection reception of the TV Box has lower quality signal, this could be caused by local interferences in the area where you have placed the TV Box or something that shield the signal.
If you use some Airmouse with 2.4Ghz dongle, could be useful to switch WiFi to 5GHz band mode.
Talking about network interface is over my head. Have no idea how or where to check if phone and tv box have same specs. My tv box is located about 2 feet from my Starlink router. Is it possible to be too close. The only other thing nearby is the tv...about 3 feet from the tv box. This morning I got one test of the TV box at 98 Mbps down and then several at 35-45 Mbps down. My phone was getting 140-175 Mbps down. I also tried my laptop, located about 10 ft from the Starlink router. It got 50-60 Mbps down in a series of 5 tests, about 10 Mbps more than the TV box running 5 tests...while the phone continues with 150 plus down. So the tv box and laptop fairly similar, with the phone being much faster

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Not all devices are created equal... we have an older Roku and an Amazon Fire Stick 4k, both sitting by our main tv, same wi-fi channel (5ghz) and the Fire Stick gets 160 Mbps down while the Roku gets around 50.

I'm guessing you're tv box doesn't have the same level of hardware to hit the speeds your phone does consistently.

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter