X96 Max box, Launcher question

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to help a fairly not tech friend get a decent launcher on his new X96 Max box. He likes the box, but when we tried, my personal fave launcher, Nova, there seemed to be no way to drag/drop apps from app drawer to the home screen. Not sure if its the box, or if he just cant figure out how. I am helping him via chat, so I cant get my smart tech hands on it, to try to figure out

So, anyone have this box, and does Nova work, if so how to you execute the drag/drop.

If not, what other launcher would you recommend that is fairly easy for someone not too tech, to get, and set up, to get a decent looking home screen that you dont have to scroll across 2 horizontal lines to find apps.

TIA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the same complaints about the T9 and the MXR PRO - it runs for a few seconds, then reverts to the stock launcher, so maybe the same cause (the ROM is just written to not allow any other launchers) or maybe, as you say, not-smart-tech-hands.

But he's mainly going to be running Kodi, right? (Whet's he getting that he can't get from within Kodi? Netflix? YouTube? Amazon? All available in Kodi. (https://kodi.tv/addons/browse?keyword=&category=All&author=&sort=title ASC)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
No not kodi st all. Just a variety of streaming apps, sideloaded

Ive gotten Appstarter to work well, other than not able to override remote home button. But it will let him use as default home screen on boot up.

Arik Iannone

Feb 4, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to help a fairly not tech friend get a decent launcher on his new X96 Max box. He likes the box, but when we tried, my personal fave launcher, Nova, there seemed to be no way to drag/drop apps from app drawer to the home screen. Not sure if its the box, or if he just cant figure out how. I am helping him via chat, so I cant get my smart tech hands on it, to try to figure out

So, anyone have this box, and does Nova work, if so how to you execute the drag/drop.

If not, what other launcher would you recommend that is fairly easy for someone not too tech, to get, and set up, to get a decent looking home screen that you dont have to scroll across 2 horizontal lines to find apps.

TIA

Arik Iannone

Feb 4, 2019
Visit site
I am fairly certain it's a Oreo 8.1 issue many of the launchers are having problems with the drag.an drop. Best alternative I found is to Evie launcher soon as you working somewhat okay at least you could drag your apps up to my problem is if you want to move them you have to remove them and.re drag them up from the drawer.