my remote not working in mbox tv box and now i can't navigate in recovery mode after wrong update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an smbox sm1 and tried to update it because it was freezing a lot but it must have been the wrong firmware as now it boots with the google logo then the mbox logo with an elongated o in the box word which stretches off the screen and then after 20 secs or so another screen appears half way down exactly the same and thats it , i have tried recovery mode but my remote won't navigate, i have tried an sd card flash but nothing, i may be doing it wrong tho as i am fairly new as in 2 years learning to operate a pc properly, Any help would be greatly appreciated even if its bin it and buy a new one

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't find any firmware for the smbox sm1 and without that you're not going to fix it. Replacing it with something that has firmware available will probably be a lot easier.

Kevinski66

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
Its an MXQ box ive been reliably informed, s805, I have tried both sd card flash and usb but no joy, I am fairly sure I'm doing something wrong, there is a uboot file mentioned in one method but I have never found that file trying to do it there way

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo