See Caller ID if not a contact

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
On my wear os watch I see caller id of my contacts BUT for noncontacts I get no caller id. On my phone I do get caller id even noncontacts as long as not a private number. Is there any way to see caller id of noncontacts on my watch? It is especially important when a business is calling.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for checking back. No it was no help. I checked and all permissions are granted to Wear OS.

Some others are about not getting calls on watch but I get them fine and can answer and speak to people from watch.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do notice under bluetooth connections my car lists contacts but my watch does not but no option there to add contacts permissions

Also under bluetooth my watch is show as an earpiece although it is in Wear OS and shows as a watch there. My Asus watch shows as a watch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Already tried forgetting the watch and re-pairing it? Or a little more drastic, resetting the watch? It generally doesn't take too long to set a Wear OS watch back up.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Carlyle is really REALLY hard to get to connect
It is infamous for it. Resetting would require uninstalling all apps first and resetting my Asus watch. For some reason Carlyle must be added first THEN Asus so both watches would need to be reset. All the watch apps work and are set as I like them.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried bluetooth forget and add back but even when forgot before being reconnected it is shown on a list to connect and still has earpiece icon rather than phone icon. Frustrating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird -- the two main watches I'm switching between are a Skagen Falster 2 and a Misfit Vapor X, which are both essentially Fossil watches, and they both show up in my Pixel 3 XL's Bluetooth settings with a Contact Sharing toggle. I wonder -- could the problem be due to the ASUS watch? Maybe try removing the ASUS watch and seeing if that makes a difference when using the Carlyle exclusively?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In process of setting up Carlyle again. It connected as a watch. Hope it stays that way. will check caller id

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Weird -- the two main watches I'm switching between are a Skagen Falster 2 and a Misfit Vapor X, which are both essentially Fossil watches, and they both show up in my Pixel 3 XL's Bluetooth settings with a Contact Sharing toggle. I wonder -- could the problem be due to the ASUS watch? Maybe try removing the ASUS watch and seeing if that makes a difference when using the Carlyle exclusively?
I like having both watches more than having caller id.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yay! Caller ID works again at least from my contacts. I don't know if businesses or people not contacts will show up as they do on phone?