Cannot Install Android Wear

lawful12

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Unable to install Android Wear on my Galaxy S5. When I try to run it after installation it says, "Android Wear needs to be reinstalled. Please uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store."

When I uninstall and reinstall it says the same thing again. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to solve this?

Frank

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Unable to install Android Wear on my Galaxy S5. When I try to run it after installation it says, "Android Wear needs to be reinstalled. Please uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store."

When I uninstall and reinstall it says the same thing again. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to solve this?

Frank
Have you performed a reboot of the device? Uninstall the app then reboot. Try reinstalling and see if you have better results.

Let us now how it goes.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
My note three said the same thing so I uninstalled the app and did a battery pull and put the app back on working like a charm now

Posted via the Android Central App

Timothy Lavoie

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Frank

I'm having this problem with my S4. I've done an uninstall then reset, battery pull, then reinstalled, then reset, then battery pulled and every other possible combination for the last 4 days. I cannot get it to stop requesting the "refresh" every time I open wear. I recently bought the Asus Zenwatch and I can't use it without android wear functioning properly. Help!!

Doug Ball

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Having the same exact issue on the S4. No combination of uninstalling and battery pulls has worked so far. I even let it sit without a battery for a solid 20 minutes...

If it helps, I did notice that after every re-installation, it will immediately flash the old error including the slide it usually errors out on (Android wear needs a refresh) before starting from scratch. It always errors out right after setting up notification settings.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

06jeepguy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Having the same exact issue on the S4. No combination of uninstalling and battery pulls has worked so far. I even let it sit without a battery for a solid 20 minutes...

If it helps, I did notice that after every re-installation, it will immediately flash the old error including the slide it usually errors out on (Android wear needs a refresh) before starting from scratch. It always errors out right after setting up notification settings.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Have you figured out a solution for this problem having the same problem. Thanks

Aron5109

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem also but with LG G3.

FIx:

1. Turn off Android wear

2. Make sure you have "ok google" enebled. (i turned mine off when i got the phone.)

You can either enable it by searching for it on play store or find it in the phone. (i think i used clean master to disable it.)

Anyways turn it on.

3. Open Android wear

4. ask your watch anything - Mine popped right into search :) and was working!

Took me around 45mins to figure this out.

princessjayyee

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this problem with my S4. I've done an uninstall then reset, battery pull, then reinstalled, then reset, then battery pulled and every other possible combination for the last 4 days. I cannot get it to stop requesting the "refresh" every time I open wear. I recently bought the Asus Zenwatch and I can't use it without android wear functioning properly. Help!!

Ok guys I have an S4 and after a couple hours I found the problem. It's not Google Now you need...it's just GOOGLE. Make sure it is ENABLED on your phone. Search Google on the Google Play store, enable it, do the update, and everything should be working!

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys I have an S4 and after a couple hours I found the problem. It's not Google Now you need...it's just GOOGLE. Make sure it is ENABLED on your phone. Search Google on the Google Play store, enable it, do the update, and everything should be working!

This solution worked for my Note 3. Thanks much!

marvin4863

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I to had problems down loading the android wear app, it also keep telling me to reinstall what work for me, that i had to install google and then update google, after doing so i was able to download and it works, Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez