Alternative to Apple Watch

delboymel

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
ok, I'm possibly considering moving to Android (hubby & son already there and trying to persuade me!), but whilst I'm fine with a phone alternative, I love my Apple Watch. If only Apple allowed android phones to work with the Apple Watch.

So I've been looking at various android smart watches, but they all seem quite "manly".

Things I like about my Apple Watch:
  • Good size for my wrist - an alternative should be no larger than 42mm
  • Love the different interchangeable colourful sports straps
  • Apple Pay on watch - works flawlessly
  • Get notifications for e-mails, texts, Facebook, eBay alerts on my watch
  • The ability to quickly respond to texts/messages directly from the watch
  • Calendar notifications alerted, and also to have my next appt on the watch face
  • Logging of excercises on the watch

So, can anyone recommend any android alternatives that meet the above please (or the majority of the above)?

Many thanks in advance

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As far as software, all Android Wear watches will have pretty much the same capability so it won't matter which one you get, the last 4 items on your list will all be the same.

I don't believe any AW watches support Android Pay yet, most or all of them are missing a key component for that - NFC. Also, AW does not yet support it on the software side (possibly coming in 2.0).

The Huawei Watch is 42mm and has easily-interchangeable bands and fully supports Google's MODE bands

delboymel

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I was just taking a look at the Huawei watch :)
The mode straps look interesting as well - will see if these are available in the uk anywhere.
I'll also need to go and see the Huawei watch in the flesh, to see what it's like.

Thanks once again!

If anyone else has any further feedback, then please post :)

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
While not Android Wear, the Samsung Gear S2 hits every item on you list. It even uses NFC to work with Samsung Pay.

However, the S3 is rumored to be right around the corner, so you may want to wait.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

delboymel

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
While not Android Wear, the Samsung Gear S2 hits every item on you list. It even uses NFC to work with Samsung Pay.

However, the S3 is rumored to be right around the corner, so you may want to wait.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

Thank you. I'm not in a major rush - hubby and son still have a lot of persuading for me to move from Apple! :)

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
ok, I'm possibly considering moving to Android (hubby & son already there and trying to persuade me!), but whilst I'm fine with a phone alternative, I love my Apple Watch. If only Apple allowed android phones to work with the Apple Watch. ...

While I'm no fan of Apple and I do like my Android hardware I have to ask: What does Android and Android Wear offer that you're not getting on your iPhone and Apple Watch? To me the question is "What am I missing by staying with Apple?"

delboymel

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I think I fancy a change. I've been with Apple since the 3g, so am considering a change (possibly!).

I think the android phone won't be an issue for me - just the smart watch aspect.

I'm on hols in a few weeks time so will see if I can pop round some stores to take a look at some android watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress