First Time Android Wear Buyer. Recommendations?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm liking to get into the wearables game but on a budget, so im willing to go with an older (even second hand) model.

Right now I'm liking at the moto 360 Second Generation or the Huawei Watch. What would be your recommendations? Should I be considering any other Android wearable?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I have been having nothing but troubles with the latest AW version and my moto 360 Gen-2, after a year of solid / reliable performance.

I would not recommend it... at least not yet

Generally the AW2.0 deployment has not been a smooth rollout to older devices. Some watches are just now getting their 2.0 updates, but not all of them.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been having nothing but troubles with the latest AW version and my moto 360 Gen-2, after a year of solid / reliable performance.

I would not recommend it... at least not yet

Generally the AW2.0 deployment has not been a smooth rollout to older devices. Some watches are just now getting their 2.0 updates, but not all of them.

Hmm...that's helpful. I could go Samsung Gear then but I dunno.

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I love my Huawei Watch. It's battery lasts a day easily, sometimes 24+ hours.
It will be getting AW2.0 eventually.I ran the developer preview (essentially AW 2.0) on mine for about 6 months and it ran it very well. I only rolled back to 1.5 so I could get 2.0 OTA.