Archos 80 G9

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

Does anyone have any experience with this tablet? I'm thinking about getting one. I've read some good things, but the price is almost too cheap. It's got 3.2 on it, and it's supposed to be faster and run better than previous Archos models (the 70 for example). Look for opinions for owners, or those who have tried it. :)

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind hearing from a few owners...I'm thinking about buying one as a gift for a teen, and if they work as well as the reviews claim they do, then they're a steal for the price.

sixerfl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the 8GB model at CompUSA on 12/31/11 for $270. You can order it online at CompUSA/Circuit City/TigerDirect for $250 after a discount code that you apply in your cart. The code is on the tablet's info page.

This is my first Android tablet, so I can't provide a good comparison to other tablets.

So far, I am very happy with it. The much-discussed screen ripple issue is not very noticeable, unless you are looking for it. Maybe I'm just holding it in a way that causes it not to occur. For a plastic shell, it feels very solid. Laying in bed and holding it as a reader, it actually feels a little heavy.

Moving around the UI, it seems very responsive. Compatible HD games run very smoothly. I streamed HD video and it was flawless. Can't wait for my HDMI cable to arrive so I can hook it up to the TV.

I haven't messed with the front-facing camera yet. I will follow up with my experiences once I get there.

Please let me know if there are any questions and I will do my best to provide answers.