Android Default Print Service - Printers Listed Multiple Times

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi All and thanks in advance. I have a Samsung S8+ with the latest Verizon updates. The default print service lists my HP printer 3 times. Two are dimmed and say not ready. The third one works fine on my phone. I also have a Brother printer listed and it works fine. One of the dimmed printers is the default printer. How do I remove the two nonworking ones and set the working one as default or set the Brother printer as the default when I use the printer service? I have uninstalled the HP print service plugin and HP smart, restarted phone, and reinstalled both. Thanks, Mark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried shutting off the printers completely, then powering them on again and allowing them to reconnect to the wi-fi network?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On the Samsung printer would be system settings >connection >more connection >printer
Tap in space of that printer there for more options and that printer settings Screenshot_20200507-190035_Settings.jpeg

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
On the Samsung printer would be system settings >connection >more connection >printer
Tap in space of that printer there for more options and that printer settings View attachment 320170
I get this. When I click the 3 dots, it says add printer.
c1b7e9bd95c6302476456dfff9b768f0.jpg

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Tap in circle of my screen shot to get more options then 3 dots View attachment 320172
Yes, I did that. The Samsung I tapped gave an option to add printer. It said printer not supported. When I tapped the default print service, I got the screen shown above with the rotating circle that never stops. I tried to add printer and it never finds the printer. But, again the printer shows when I use the default printer service, along with that same printer listed two more times dimmed.

I can print. It's just a little annoying having to always tap on printer list to get off the dimmed default printer and tap the printer that's not dimmed. If I could set the right printer as the default, I'd be happy. Thanks all for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I did that. The Samsung I tapped gave an option to add printer. It said printer not supported. When I tapped the default print service, I got the screen shown above with the rotating circle that never stops. I tried to add printer and it never finds the printer. But, again the printer shows when I use the default printer service, along with that same printer listed two more times dimmed.

I can print. It's just a little annoying having to always tap on printer list to get off the dimmed default printer and tap the printer that's not dimmed. If I could set the right printer as the default, I'd be happy. Thanks all for your help.
Yeah can see it being annoying, I haven't really used it , just trying point you to some settings to check .your welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty