Bluetooth microphone doesn't work in phone calls?

prl77

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
It works for audio and microphone works for assistant, just not phone calls.
Pixel 3 Android v9
It was working fine until recently and I installed no updates, though it is a new microphone. It works with other mics. I did check that the connection has the phone "permission".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I modified your initial post so that you became its owner. We're a somewhat unique forum site in that we allow unregistered guests to post questions (in case they have qualms about joining any online site), but in order to post followup responses in the thread, that does require an account. I deleted your other thread to reduce confusion, and cleaned up this thread.

Just to be clear -- you went to Settings>Bluetooth, tapped the gear icon next to the BT microphone entry, and made sure Phone Audio is turned on?

prl77

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy, thank you for your reply and I guess sorry for talking **** earlier.

Correct on the Settings, as you described.

Btw, can you tag people here? I would normally tag you so get notified of my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy, thank you for your reply and I guess sorry for talking **** earlier.

Correct on the Settings, as you described.

Btw, can you tag people here? I would normally tag you so get notified of my reply.

You figured out how to Quote a person, which then shows up on that person's notifications. To tag somebody, use the @ sign ahead of that person's username (like, "hey @prl77, what's happening?").

It's possible that standalone mics don't work on calls, since the phone might be looking for an integrated mic and headset.

neilowenbryan

Jun 7, 2020
Visit site
Just trying to not assume anything, but have you tried forgetting the headset Bluetooth connection on your phone, reboot phone and headset, and retry pairing?
it has happened to me before that I have bought a new Bluetooth speaker, paired it with my phone, and it worked except for the mic. I did what I mentioned above, and it solved the mic issue. I seem to remember that the pairing dialogue looked a little different the second time, maybe some a Bluetooth features did not bind on the first try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to understand how things are connected together in that setup, but the manual isn't exactly clear -- does the microphone physically plug into the main unit, or does it connect wirelessly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest a problem with the jack, but that wouldn't necessarily explain why you can still use the mic for Google Assistant. Have you gotten the replacement? I wonder if it's a firmware or hardware glitch with that specific unit.

prl77

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd suggest a problem with the jack, but that wouldn't necessarily explain why you can still use the mic for Google Assistant. Have you gotten the replacement? I wonder if it's a firmware or hardware glitch with that specific unit.

It came in, just haven't connected it yet. It will probably happen this weekend.

uvdevnull

May 29, 2015
Visit site

It was a defective device. It was kind of a weird partial failure, almost more logical failure than hardware, that's why I was stumped. The replacement work fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo