-Looking for an App- External sound Db meter and recorder based on threshold?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a neighbor that has a ridiculously loud car that they start up at like 6am that consistently wakes my wife and I up. Is there an app I can run over night, that will, upon hitting a threshold, record/save the audio and DB graph like 30 second before and after it?

jrich523

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
lol yes it is a mustang, and im fairly certain they've modified it, its way louder than most i've heard. Hell it makes a Harley sound quiet. Also I dont believe its new enough to have that quiet mode. As to the Ordinance their is one, but wanted to know what the DB's were registering at for the report.

B. Frequent, repetitive or continuous sound in connection with the starting, operating, repairing, rebuilding or testing of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, off-highway vehicle, or internal combustion engine in any residential zone which unreasonably interferes with the peace, comfort and repose of owners or occupants of real property in the residential zone;​

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
lol yes it is a mustang, and im fairly certain they've modified it, its way louder than most i've heard. Hell it makes a Harley sound quiet. Also I dont believe its new enough to have that quiet mode. As to the Ordinance their is one, but wanted to know what the DB's were registering at for the report.

B. Frequent, repetitive or continuous sound in connection with the starting, operating, repairing, rebuilding or testing of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, off-highway vehicle, or internal combustion engine in any residential zone which unreasonably interferes with the peace, comfort and repose of owners or occupants of real property in the residential zone;​
Hi, welcome to AC! Figured be a mustang lol, seem to know about the newer mustang with quiet mode :))

They do have Db Meters apps in the play store but not sure how accurate.

Have you tried talking to your neighbor?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I live in an apartment complex, and around 0525, a fellow starts his pickup, a blast like an explosion renders the pre-dawn peace and shreds it like piranhas on a crippled calf. He then backs out, and roars up the back street like he's at a monster truck rally. It's so obnoxious that I just assume he has to sit to pee, since standing wouldn't be a safe option...

jrich523

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have not spoken to them yet, and I dont get the impression they we'll be very receptive to that. Especially since its not an easy fix, I suspect they'd have to replace their muffler. Its partly them speeding off, but its mostly the start up.

There are some meter apps, but since it wakes me up, i sorta need something that will record so can check it after it wakes me up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have not spoken to them yet, and I dont get the impression they we'll be very receptive to that. Especially since its not an easy fix, I suspect they'd have to replace their muffler. Its partly them speeding off, but its mostly the start up.

There are some meter apps, but since it wakes me up, i sorta need something that will record so can check it after it wakes me up.
So once you get the Db meter what are you planning to do?

jrich523

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha, no other neighbors complaing?

When we moved in, we were the ones to go around and say hi, and almost all of them said something like "oh, we were meaning to come say hi", this was a month after we moved in. its not what i'd call a friendly neighborhood, so i have no idea what the others think, I just know that im jolted awake at the crack of dawn, and sometimes the middle of the night. Also, this neighbor is a couple of houses down in a set of condos (not sure which one they are, which also makes it hard to go talk to them) so I sorta doubt im the only one to have an issue with it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When we moved in, we were the ones to go around and say hi, and almost all of them said something like "oh, we were meaning to come say hi", this was a month after we moved in. its not what i'd call a friendly neighborhood, so i have no idea what the others think, I just know that im jolted awake at the crack of dawn, and sometimes the middle of the night. Also, this neighbor is a couple of houses down in a set of condos (not sure which one they are, which also makes it hard to go talk to them) so I sorta doubt im the only one to have an issue with it.
Understand, just make a police report, see what happens.