Cannot go back to stable Android 10 from Android 11 Beta. Why?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Trying to Opt out of Android 11 Beta. Every time I attempt to download Android 10 OTA one of two things happens: Either the "Optimizing Apps" progress bar will stop just before finishing and actually regress backwards; or when I do the factory data reset, I end up with Android 11 Beta anyways.
-Pixel 4 64 gb
-Verizon Wireless
-RCS Chat ALSO not working
- I have confirmed that I can see an "Opt In" on the Android Beta page meaning I have successfully opted out.

akloady252

Jul 1, 2020
Visit site
Does anyone here know if either receiving a new sim card might solve this problem I am having with RCS? That or uninstalling the Carrier Services app, rebooting, then reinstalling said app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone here know if either receiving a new sim card might solve this problem I am having with RCS? That or uninstalling the Carrier Services app, rebooting, then reinstalling said app?
Try resetting message app, carrier service app by clearing data ,cache , then force stop then either going be ok at the moment or wait couple days

akloady252

Jul 1, 2020
Visit site
I turned off the Chat feature and it is still not working. Waiting to hear back from Verizon but I doubt they will be able to do anything. Not sure what I am going to do b/c if this continues and I am unable to use chat features, I'm going to have to explore other options...

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
@akloady252 Please try
1.Turn on Airplane Mode

2. Clear storage on the Carrier Services app

3. Force Stop Messages app

4. Clear storage on Messages app

5. Reboot

6. Go into the Messages app

7. Tap the 3 dots at the top right and choose Settings

8. Tap Chat Features. It should say something about failing to connect and a "Retry" button. Tap retry. The app will crash.

9. Reopen the app and go back to the chat feature setting.

Turn Airplane mode off, and tap Retry. Enter your phone number. It should work the

akloady252

Jul 1, 2020
Visit site
RCS Chat features finally working after weeks without it. After countless bug reports, Google said they fixed the issue and would push an update. Not entirely sure what the update was to: Android Messages app; Carrier Services; etc but it works now.