How can I stop my screen from auto-opening when I unplug it from headphones or power sources?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung s9. I use my headphones often, and also plug a jack into the headphones to connect it to my car speakers when I drive. Every time I unplug headphones from the jack, my screen turns on and I end up accidentally pressing something. It also does this when I unplug it from a power source. I would really like my screen to stay in its idle screen mode when I unplug it so I can just toss it in my purse. Can I stop it from automatically opening when it is disconnected from headphones and power jacks?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In/out of the power cord and headphones will normally turn on the screen. This should bring you to the lock screen assuming the phone previously timed out.

If you don't have the lock screen enabled, now would be a good time to start using one.

A

Android Central Question

Set screen to NEVER automatically turn on?

Samsung S9+ on Android 10.

When the power is unplugged the screen automatically turns on and burns through battery as well as the AMOLED screen.

How do I set it so that the screen never, ever automatically turns on or off? I only want it to turn on and off through manually pressing the power button.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Set screen to NEVER automatically turn on?

Assuming your Samsung S9 is like most other Android phones, you have no control over this part of the operations. The best you can do is to use a lock screen to prevent unwanted interactions with the home screen.

Maria Schmidt

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Actually, I found an app called MacroDroid that allowed me to create an IFTTT-esque recipe that keeps the screen off when it's unplugged from both power and headphones. Problem solved! Thanks all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually, I found an app called MacroDroid that allowed me to create an IFTTT-esque recipe that keeps the screen off when it's unplugged from both power and headphones. Problem solved! Thanks all.
Hi, welcome to AC!

I remember that app from back in the day, was pretty good, glad you found a workaround.

Just curious, you don't use AOD?

Maria Schmidt

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I do use AOD, yes. I like the clock and music visibility functions, but I've scheduled hours so it's not alway on in the true sense. You think that could be the ghost in the machine?

Thanks for checking in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38